Sunday, June 2, 2013

Smart Shopping

Today I ventured out to find somewhere to buy groceries. After Google mapping the area I luckily found a store that was only a few blocks away. Sure the store ratings weren't ideal and it definitely wasn't a Giant Eagle Market District, but I managed. The temperature is only about 80 with a light breeze so it was actually a really nice walk. I also encountered my first Boston accent here... or that's what I think it was...


While there I learned to shop "smart." Generic brands are cheap, beware of cheap bread (it's approaching becoming penicillin), and stick with what you know. That reminds me, last night I bought a Brita water bottle, which means... Hello free water! And with this heat it has certainly come in handy.

This morning I read a sign on the bathroom door from the Res-Life team here, it read,
"To keep your room cool, turn off the lights and close the windows." 
Well... yes unfortunately that is true but it has made my already jail cell-like room into a cave. Going against the sign's advice I attempted to open the windows today. It was not much of a success. They only open about two inches, so what's the point?

Here are some pictures from today...
Walking into the College
View down Fenway
Ingredients for survival

Lesson of the day: Don't be wasteful, shop smart and healthy.